“A woman is powerful when her first word isn’t ‘sorry’. A woman is powerful when you forget who the man in her life is. A woman is powerful when she follows her gut. Any woman who belongs to herself has power, and that power is perceived as dangerous.”
— Joan Juliet Buck
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today
To-morrow will be dying.
The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he’s a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he’s to setting.
That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.
Then be not coy, but use your time,
And, while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
You may forever tarry.
– Robert Herrick, 1648
“Fix your mind on truth, hold firm to virtue, rely on loving kindness, and find your recreation in the Arts.”
~ Confucius. 551-479.B.C.E.
“The canvas is the door to another dimension.”
~ Salvador Dali. 1904-1989.
Bob Marley inspired the lives of millions through his inspirational words and positive songs. Here are some of his most powerful words to live by.
1. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
2. “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet”
3. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold”
4. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”
5. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
6. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.”
7. “Don’t worry about a thing ’cause every little thing gonna be alright”
8. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy.”
9. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have”
10. “The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
“Even after his death Bob Marley lives on through his messages to the world. He believed in equality, love and music and we can all takes these beliefs into our own lives. The next time you’re having a bad day or simply need some motivation, remember these quotes. Share with someone you know to send positive vibes their way.”
Will Rogers, who died in a 1935 plane crash, was one of the greatest political sages this country has ever known.
Here are some of his excellent quotes that still apply today:
1. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
2. Never slap a man who’s chewing tobacco.
3. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10. If you’re riding’ ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.
11. Lettin’ the “cat outta the bag” is a whole lot easier’n puttin’ it back in.
12. Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else.
13. A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth.
ABOUT GROWING OLDER….
First ~Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know ‘why’ I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren’t paved.
Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
Sixth ~ I don’t know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it’s such a nice change from being young.
Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
Tenth ~ Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it’s called golf.
And, finally ~ If you don’t learn to laugh at trouble, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you’re old